Advanced Positioning Orthotic Devices (APODs) are a new class of wheelchair seating and positioning products that combine the structure of orthotics with traditional principles of wheelchair seating.
All Engage APOD® products use specially designed internal frames to promote hip flexion and a neutral-to-anterior pelvic tilt. This encourages a stable, functional, upright and midline seated position in the wheelchair.
The Engage APOD® sets the standard for wheelchair positioning for people with medium to severe positioning deficits.
Engage APOD® creates a secure and stable foundation for proper positioning:
- Places hips into flexion and symmetrical alignment
- Promotes neutral-to-anterior pelvic tilt
- Aggressively breaks up extensor tone patterns
- Supports flaccid tone
Engage APOD® helps to correct many chronic wheelchair positioning conditions:
- Sacral sitting and sliding
- High extensor tone
- Pelvic thrusting
- Lower body contractures
- Hip asymmetries
- Low (flaccid) tone
- Lateral leaning
The Engage APOD® has an effective design for facility, home, or hospital use:
- Durable, no removable parts
- Low maintenance
- Easily cleaned
- CA Technical Bulletin 117 compliant for flammability; optional flame barrier for CA Technical Bulletin 133
- Affordable pricing