All Matrix cushions incorporate a Intelli-Gel® core, a dry polymer gel core that provides a unique combination of skin protection, support, and comfort.
The Intelli-Gel® core is an ideal support surface for wheelchair cushions that provides a superior combination of performance, simplicity, and durability.
Performance: the Intelli-Gel® core matrix configuration is designed to distribute weight uniformly over the surface of the cushion and reduce pressure around the areas of bony prominence. The cushion core uses an engineering principle called column buckling to achieve its performance. It also provides a dynamic surface that responds quickly to weight shifting and promotes support and stability for the user.
- Pressure Management: the Matrix uses column buckling to reduce areas of peak pressure and distribute weight uniformly across the cushion surface
- Shear Reduction: the Matrix provides lateral adaptability that reduces the risk of shear for the user
- Ventilation: the Intelli-Gel® core’s matrix design produces a surface area that is 80% air, providing good ventilation that helps regulate surface temperature and humidity.
- Support and Stability: the Matrix’s column buckling provide a dynamic support surface that conforms to the user’s anatomy and quickly adjusts to weight shifts and changes in position. This active surface provides a sitting foundation that is stable yet responsive to the user’s movements.
- Low Maintenance: the Matrix provides the benefits of a gel or air flotation core with virtually no maintenance, making it ideal for institutional and home use. The Intelli-Gel® core comes in a single piece construction that does not require kneading, inflating or adjusting, and it does not require any additional accessories. It simply works.
- Hygienic and Easy to Clean: The Matrix cover may be wiped clean using a standard disinfectant – do not immerse or soak cover or core in liquid. The Intelli-Gel® core is resistant to odors and bacteria, but must be kept clean and dry.
- the Intelli-Gel® core is a single piece mat that is designed for long term use. Its single piece design eliminates messy gel pouches or high maintenance rubber bladders, so the Intelli-Gel® products that you buy today will last you for years to come.
- Limited five (5) year warranty: all Intelli-Gel® cores come with a limited five (5) year warranty.
Intelli-Gel is a registered trademark in the United Stated and other countries of EDIZONE Holdings, LLC of Alpine UT, USA.